2) It is still owned by the same family that lived there in the 12th century.
3) The castle is a famous instagram spot.
4) Taking photos inside is prohibited due to it is a private property.
5) The castle has eight towers with heights between 30 and 40 meters.
6) The family still lives in the castle, using the other third of it
7) You are free to visit the castle site any time of the year, but guided tours are only from april 1. until october 31. A guided tour costs 10 Euro/adult. It begins every 10-15 minutes and takes 35 – 40 minutes.
8) To avoid the crowded periods arrive before 11 a.m. or after 3 p.m.
9) There is a parking space about 1 km away from the castle and the parking fee for cars is 2 euro. From here you can take a shuttle or walk (it is about 20 minutes by feet) to the castle. The shuttle will cost you 2 euros each way and only runs from april until the end of october when the castle is open for guided tours.
10) The castle was featured on the German 500 Deutsche Mark note for over 25 years.